- OPEN Summit will share thought-provoking insights from business & HR leaders and equal rights advocates, including actress Alyssa Milano, Kathi Enderes of the Josh Bersin Company and DEI leader Antoine Andrews
- The free, half-day summit will be held virtually on March 1, 2023
SAN FRANCISCO (Feb. 15, 2023) - Ahead of Equal Pay Day and in observance of Women’s History Month, OPEN Imperative, a business coalition committed to ending gender pay disparity, and OpenComp, the leading end-to-end compensation software provider, today announced its inaugural OPEN Summit - a virtual, half-day conference devoted to advancing gender pay equity in the workplace. Held on Wednesday, March 1, 2023, OPEN Summit will bring together business leaders, investors, HR professionals and equal rights advocates from the frontlines of closing the gender wage gap to share thought-provoking, actionable insights for today’s employer.
Women lose approximately $1.6 trillion annually to pay inequity, and it’s past time for organizations to act. The summit’s agenda is curated with people leaders, executives and investors in mind, revealing new research, best practices and personal experiences from visionaries such as actor and activist Alyssa Milano, HR industry analyst Kathi Enderes from The Josh Bersin Company and DEI leader Antoine Andrews, that can motivate organizations to eliminate inequity within their workforces and build a better business along the way.
“Closing the wage gap takes real talk and action, but we’re seeing DEI teams and initiatives get hit hardest by the wave of layoffs across the country,” said Emily Sweet, VP of social impact at OpenComp and executive lead of OPEN Imperative. “Now is not the time for employers to pull back. It’s time for them to lean into the new era of pay transparency, where people leaders have unforeseen levels of business accountability and responsibility. Just shy of one year after founding OPEN Imperative with hundreds of CEOs, business leaders, and leading policy experts, we are amplifying our community’s learnings to help our peers succeed. Attendees will walk away from OPEN Summit with concrete examples from operators and industry gurus to pioneer pay equity in their own organizations.”
Highlights of OPEN Summit 2023 include:
- A marquee fireside chat with Alyssa Milano - actor, producer, writer and activist for human rights, who helped bring the #MeToo movement mainstream.
- A sneak peek at new pay equity research from Kathie Enderes, SVP research and global industry analyst at The Josh Bersin Company.
- A live recording of the High Growth Matters podcast with special guest Antoine Andrews, chief diversity and social impact officer of Momentive and former DEI leader at Gap, Nike and Symantec, on operationalizing pay equity in an organization.
- A first look at new OpenComp research on the state of pay equity in 2023 with Elevar Equity CEO & Partner Amie Patel; Christie Pitts, co-founder of VCs for Repro and general partner at Backstage Capital; and people executives Gianna Driver of Exabeam and Jamy Conrad of TrustRadius.
- Best practices from OPEN Imperative Advisory Board member and 4x Chief People Officer Traunza Adams
- A case study on preparing for pay data reporting regulations with Noreen Farrell, executive director of Equal Rights Advocates, and Sheri Kelleher, SVP of people at Incorta, which was recently recognized as one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2022.
With more speakers to be announced!
Premier sponsors of OPEN Summit include the Josh Bersin Company. Platinum sponsors include Connery Consulting, Elevar Equity, Equal Rights Advocates, Exabeam, Incorta, Institute for Women’s Policy Research, JP Morgan Chase, Momentive and TrustRadius. Gold sponsors include Charter, Fem Equity, Gender Fair, Gender Ideal, Vital, Women Business Collaborative and Women Employed.
Spaces are limited – view the full agenda and register for free at https://www.opencomp.com/open-summit.
About OPEN Imperative
The OPEN Imperative (Organizations for Pay Equity Now) is a coalition of hundreds of CEOs, investors, and business leaders. Together, we commit to ending gender pay disparity in our organizations by 2027. The OPEN Imperative was founded in 2022 by OpenComp. Join our mission at https://openimperative.org/.
Employers and employees use OpenComp to get clarity at the point of every compensation decision. Together, they’re pioneering a new standard for compensation, one that’s competitive, equitable and scalable.
With OpenComp’s Compensation Intelligence Platform, business and HR leaders optimize compensation program effectiveness with benchmarking, design, and activation tools. Managers, recruiters, employees, and candidates use OpenComp to make the best compensation decisions for themselves and their teams.
Founded in 2021 by Salesforce’s founding HR team, OpenComp is backed by J.P. Morgan, TIME Ventures (the investment fund for Marc Benioff), 8VC, and more. Get started for free at www.opencomp.com, where tiered pricing and services are also available.
Changemaker Communications for OpenComp